Hi, welcome to Malaysia Traveller, the website where you will find a feast of useful and interesting travel information on Malaysia.
Who is the Malaysia Traveller intended for?
- For those planning a holiday to Malaysia and looking for that ideal beach or interesting place to visit.
- For business travellers who perhaps have a day or two to spare (or just a few hours) and would like to see some of the famous landmarks.
- For independent travellers searching for distinctive places to stay or quirky off-the-tourist-trail travel destinations.
- For residents of Malaysia, both locals and foreigners, who want somewhere different to go.
- For active, outdoor types who enjoy walking, nature and mountains.
- For lovers of history and heritage.
What does Malaysia Traveller include?
- Forest reserves, nature parks, rivers, waterfalls and lakes. It's a jungle out there! I will give you my recommendations on great outdoor places to visit. Some of these places have Adventure Activities such as rock climbing, kayaking, white water rafting, canopy walks, cycling. Malaysia has it all!
- Caves. Malaysia has some of the most spectacular caves in the world. Peek inside this dark world to find out more (if you're not scared of bats and cockroaches!).
- Beaches & Islands. With over 4,600 km of coastline and dozens of gorgeous tropical islands to choose from, lovers of sea, sand and diving will not be disappointed.
- Hill Resorts. Need to escape from the sweltering heat? Cameron Highlands, Fraser's Hill, Bukit Larut, Penang Hill, Genting Highlands and Bukit Tinggi are all popular spots to cool off. Let me help you chose which one(s) to go to.
- Self-Guided City Walking Tours. Fancy a walking trail taking in the main city attractions and heritage highlights such as classic colonial buildings and traditional shophouses? You can find maps and highlights for Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh, Malacca and other cities here.
- Family Attractions such as theme parks, zoos, aquariums and more (reviews based on opinions of my daughter!)
- Nightlife. With the help of my son, a guide to the hotspot areas in Kuala Lumpur.
- Places to Stay. If you are looking for hotels with style and character I will give you some recommendations.
- Top Attractions in each State. Top things to do.
- Museums. Comprehensive guide to many of Malaysia'a top museums.
- Getting Around. Guide to Malaysian Railways.
Who is the Author of Malaysia Traveller?
I'm David. I like travelling.
I left my home country (England) in 1976 with one suitcase and have not been back since except for short holidays. Not that I've been backpacking all that time. No, I have been living a semi-settled expatriate life in 7 different countries across Asia and the Middle East and I have made hundreds of business and holiday trips all over Asia.
I enjoyed my visits to Malaysia so much that I decided to move here with my family. Now retired, I have plenty of time to be the Malaysia Traveller, scouring every corner of this beautiful country to unearth hidden travel gems and share them with you.
I have already covered many fascinating places in Malaysia but there is still so much more to see, so make sure you subscribe to my free blog, or click on the RSS feed button so that you will be kept informed whenever I add a new page to the website.
Enough talking. Please explore the site and enjoy your Malaysia travel.
Replicates a train journey made 100 years ago from Penang to Singapore and compares the sights of modern Malaysia with the Malaya of yesteryear.
My travel blog covering off-the-beaten-track destinations in Malaysia and elsewhere in Asia and beyond.
Would you like to experience some of the places and activities described in this website?
Want to sample some of the local food but not sure where to start?
Would it be great to have a trusted local expert to show you around?
If your answer to these questions is 'yes', take a look at Withlocals.
Withlocals brings together travellers with locals who have talent, passions and skills to share. Read more