Hi, welcome to Malaysia Traveller, the website where you will find a feast of useful and interesting travel information on Malaysia.
- For those planning a holiday to Malaysia and looking for that ideal beach or interesting place to visit.
- For business travellers who perhaps have a day or two to spare (or just a few hours) and would like to see some of the famous landmarks.
- For independent travellers searching for distinctive places to stay or quirky off-the-tourist-trail travel destinations.
- For residents of Malaysia, both locals and foreigners, who want somewhere different to go.
- For active, outdoor types who enjoy walking, nature and mountains.
- For lovers of history and heritage.
To help you plan your outings I have listed all Malaysia’s top attractions on a state-by-state basis comprising the 13 states plus the 3 Federal Territories (KL, Putrajaya and Labuan) plus Langkawi (part of Kedah State but it has enough attractions to justify its own page) plus our neighbouring nation of Singapore.
- Kids' Attractions such as theme parks, zoos, aquariums, nature reserves, fun activities and more.
- National Parks, Forest reserves, rivers, waterfalls and lakes. It's a jungle out there! I will give you my recommendations on great outdoor places to visit. Some of these places have Adventure Activities such as rock climbing, kayaking, white water rafting, canopy walks, cycling. Malaysia has it all!
- Caves. Malaysia has some of the most spectacular caves in the world. Peek inside this dark world to find out more (if you're not scared of bats and cockroaches!).
- Beaches & Islands. With over 4,600 km of coastline and dozens of gorgeous tropical islands to choose from, lovers of sea, sand and diving will not be disappointed.
- Hill Resorts. Need to escape from the sweltering heat? Cameron Highlands, Fraser's Hill, Bukit Larut, Penang Hill, Genting Highlands and Bukit Tinggi are all popular spots to cool off. Let me help you choose which one(s) to go to.
- Self-Guided City Walking Tours. Fancy a walking trail taking in the main city attractions and heritage highlights such as classic colonial buildings and traditional shophouses? You can find maps and highlights for Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh, Malacca and 21 other towns and cities here.
- Nightlife. With the help of my son, a guide to the hotspot areas in Kuala Lumpur.
- Museums. You will not find a more comprehensive guide to Malaysia's museums. Find reviews of 100 Malaysian museums and I have visited all of them!
- Malaysia Trivia. A fascinating A-Z list of trivia on Malaysian culture, food, statistics, curiosities and fun facts.
- What’s On In Malaysia. With this Malaysia Events Calendar you can see month by month all the major festivals and activities planned for this year.
- Hotels. Here you can find a section of Hotels in Melaka with charm and character, my selection of Penang Heritage Hotels, my opinions on Hotels in Putrajaya, my review of the Majestic Hotel in KL, my sample of Port Dickson Resorts and a list of Pet-Friendly Hotels in Malaysia.
I hope this website will help you to plan and enjoy your Malaysia travel.