Top Malaysia Luxury Coach Services
On this page I will give my suggested 3 Top Malaysia Luxury Coach Services but first a short overview of travelling by coach or bus in Malaysia.
Overview of Malaysian Coaches
Coaches are probably the most popular way to get around Malaysia for those people who do not have their own car or do not wish to drive long distances.
Even though budget airlines like AirAsia are a cheap and fast alternative to coach travel, buses are still favoured for being convenient, cheap and more comfortable.
Coaches are also faster than trains, though this will change when the high speed railway from KL to Singapore comes into service.
There are more than 100 bus companies operating in Malaysia, serving more than 200 towns and cities. Each service has its own timetables, fares and booking procedures. This makes it a very complex subject and I could write a whole website on the topic. However, since there are already good websites out there I'm not going to replicate their work. Take a look at Malaysia Express Bus Travel Guide for details of the coach services running from the various states around Malaysia.
Kuala Lumpur Coach Terminals
There are 3 main coach terminals in Kuala Lumpur from where most services begin or end, although some companies have other pick-up points around town:
For north bound buses to places such as Ipoh, Penang, Cameron Highlands, Alor Setar and Hatyai (Thailand).
- Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (at Bandar Tasik Selatan)
For south bound buses to Melaka, Johor Bahru and Singapore.
- Hentian Putra (at Putra World Trade Centre)
For east bound services such as Kuantan and Kuala Terengganu.
Top Malaysia Luxury Coach Services
The Singapore to KL route (which takes around 5 - 6 hours, depending on traffic conditions) is the most competitive sector and premium bus operators try to stand out from the crowd by offering super luxury services.
Here are 3 of the most luxurious operating to and from KL/Singapore:
1. Transtar First Class
- This company's First Class coaches have only 16 opulent leather seats with a spacious configuration so that everyone has a window seat and aisle access (except for the couples' loveseat at the rear).
- Each seat has a built-in massager so that you can be pummelled for 5 hours if you want.
- Every seat comes with its own 10 inch monitor for the personal entertainment system with over 100 English and Asian movies on demand, interactive games and music.
- There is an attendant on board to serve snacks, drinks and provide newspapers or magazines.
- Seat belts are provided, which are still are a rarity on Malaysia's coaches even though coach travel is statistically less safe than train or air travel.
- Apart from the KL/Singapore route, this service also goes to Genting Highlands and is no doubt popular among the high-rolling casino customers.
2. Nice Imperial
- This coach service runs from Singapore to KL to Penang and back.
- This coach has 27 seats arranged in a 2+1 configuration.
- Again the seats are luxurious and equipped with massagers, by Ogawa.
- Each seat has a tray table and a plug for recharging those devices.
- There is WIFI on board (YES 4G).
- Individual tablets with 50 movies and 200 songs are provided.
- Meals can be ordered when booking online with veg and non-veg options.
- Convenient pick-up locations within KL or use the Nice pre-boarding lounge at TBS terminal.
- This coach operator currently serves KL, JB and Singapore.
- Convenient prime locations in KL (Corus Hotel at Jalan Ampang, 1 Utama Mall, Sunway Pyramid Mall).
- Direct point-to-point travel with no stops en-route for faster journey time.
- On board attendant. Meals, drinks, blankets and pillows provided.
- Individual touch screen monitors are being progressively fitted to coaches across their fleet of coaches.
- Plug points at every alternate seat row.
- No WiFi at present!
Hope this gives you a flavour of the Top Malaysia Luxury Coach Services on offer.
For more details and to make online coach bookings you can take a look at Easybook.com, Singapore and Malaysia's Largest Bus Ticketing Site.
Return from Top Malaysia Luxury Coach Services to Home