Asian Aphrodisiacs. In many parts of Asia, including Malaysia, it is common for people (men mostly) to consume various foods, herbs and animal parts in the hope of enhancing enjoyment in the bedroom.
Internationally Known Aphrodisiacs
The list of foods and spices with supposed aphrodisiacal qualities is long. Here are some of the common internationally known ones:
- Oysters are rich in zinc and amino acids that are linked to a higher sex drive.
- Chili peppers release endorphins, accelerate the heart and produce sweat which can trigger arousal.
- Dark chocolate raises dopamine levels inducing a feel good effect.
- Basil improves blood flow, increases heart rate and enhances desire.
- Celery contains the androsterone hormone exciting for men, while eating celery makes men release pheromones, known to attract women.
- Honey is packed with vitamin B and supports testosterone production.
- Fenugreek increases the production of testosterone.
- Ginger and cinnamon enhance circulation and raise body temperature, which in turn boosts desire.
Other aphrodisiacs known to both East and West include avocados, pine nuts, cardamom, coriander, aniseed, garlic, almonds, watermelon, asparagus and vanilla.
Then there are those Asian Aphrodisiacs, particular to this part of the world:
- Balut, a Filipino delicacy, is a boiled duck embryo eaten straight from the egg shell, feathers and all. This high protein snack is thought to stimulate desire.
- Durian. This pungent fruit is said to have a strong aphrodisiac power. An Indonesia saying is “the durians fall and the sarongs come up.”
- Snake Wine and Scorpion Wine are popular in Vietnam and China where they are thought of as natural Viagra. Snake products in general are believed to heighten sex drive.
- Tiger Penis Soup. Even more exotic is a soup made from the privates of a highly endangered species which presumably is believed to endow the consumer with the power of a tiger.
- Bird’s Nest Soup uses birds nests made from the dried saliva of swiftlets. The passionate urge is more likely to come from the other ingredients of the soup such as chicken and XO cognac.
- Ginseng is a prized herbal root with multiple medicinal benefits, including the power to stimulate libido in both men and women.
- Ginkgo biloba extract improves the arterial flow through the parts that matter.
In Malaysia, there are two local herbs famed for their aphrodisiacal qualities:
- Tongkat Ali is a small evergreen tree, Eurycoma longifolia, found in south-east Asia. Its bitter-tasting roots are used medicinally and have been described as ‘Malaysia’s home-grown Viagra’ due to their ability to increase male virility.
- Kacip Fatimah is a plant (labisia pumila) native to Malaysia and is used as a traditional herbal supplement to enhance the vitality and virility of women. The leaves are usually drunk as a tea or the plant can be ground into powder for use in capsules or pills.
Before dashing out to buy your supply of Tongkat Ali you might want to read up on its benefits and side effects. You can see the findings of a US medical study here. It seems it really works!
Share this page:
Like this website? Head over to my Facebook page and leave a like or comment:
You can also contact me via the link at the bottom of this page.