The Putrajaya Balloon Fiesta, or more accurately, the 8th Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2016 takes place from 11th - 13th March 2016.
This is what you can expect.
What to Expect
- Many colourful hot air balloons in creative shapes and designs will take to the skies over Putrajaya throughout the 3 day event. On previous years there have been balloons shaped like Darth Vader, Felix the Cat, Garfield and other amazing designs. The balloons will be flying daily at 7:30am and again at 5:30pm, weather permitting.
- Some 17 International balloonists from Korea, Philippines, Belgium, Holland, Thailand, Spain, Australia, France, Malaysia and USA are expected to attend.
- The public can take tethered hot air balloon rides. A tethered ride means that the hot air balloon remains anchored to the ground and does not fly around freely but you do get the experience of seeing the burners ignite and you are lifted into the air. Due to limited tickets, access is only for those who sign up to the My Balloon Club package. See the official website for details.
- Five to seven minute Helicopter joy rides will take people for a spin over Putrajaya from RM 130 per person. This is an excellent way to gain a bird's eye view of the city's top attractions. A new 6 seater chopper is provided for 2015. The rides will take place from 9am - 1pm and from 2pm - 4pm.
- Back again this year will be the Para Motor Pilots who will demonstrate their powered paragliding skills at 9am and 4:30pm daily.
- There is an Extreme Zone with Paintball, Wall Climbing, Mini Orb, Bumper Orb, Water Zorbing, Segway and KMX bikes. KMX bikes will cost RM15 for 10 minutes.
- Kids Area with archery, car simulator, bouncy castle.
- To serenade the audience, KL Jazz artists will perform daily from 3-4pm. On Friday and Sunday there will be an extra performance from 9-10pm and on Saturday from 9-11pm.
- Food and beverages.
From Friday 11th March until Sunday 13th March 2016.
On Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th March there is a Night Glow (where hot air balloons fly at night with their colours illuminated by their burners). Entrance starts at 6pm. The event will be followed by a firework display.
Being an outdoor event, the scheduling is subject to weather conditions.
Putrajaya Precinct 2 next to the Millennium Monument (Monumen Alaf Baru).
Plenty of free parking is available. NADA PUTRA buses will ferry visitors to the event site from Putrajaya Sentral station.